Lanzhou Oriental Canada Secondary School Dormitory Regulations
These rules are in force to enhance the dormitory’s environment, protect the students’ safety and belongings, and put study and daily life in paramount importance. Please obey them! Be respectful to dormitory teachers.
Objective: To protect all public belongings in the dormitory and its vicinity.
The following electric devices and items are not allowed in the dormitory:
- electrical blankets
- hair curling or straightening irons
- cooking appliances
- hand warmers
- flames or fire
- games that cause noise
- dangerous items such as knives, sticks, etc.
- dangerous things that are easy to explode or make fire, for example: gasoline, fireworks, alcohol etc.
The following items are prohibited:
- any form of tobacco
- alcohol for any purpose
- damaging the wall
- valuables in the dormitory
- spitting, throwing rubbish, pouring any liquids on the floor
- speaking loudly and making noises
- phone calls and playing games during sleep time
- sitting on the balcony and throwing rubbish out of window
- non-dormitory students.
- No fighting nor swearing.
- To leave the dormitory at a non permitted time, parents should call the homeroom teacher and dormitory teacher and let them know in advance.
- In order to improve the environment and to protect the working order of public belongings, students must pay a RMB 300 deposit which will be returned to students if the furniture is well protected.
- The dormitory fee must be paid within one week of the new semester beginning; if not, extra fines will be paid.
- If school equipment or furniture is destroyed, there will be a charge to replace the item(s) according to the rules. If you lose your key, please inform the dormitory teacher, and a new key will be provided for a charge.
- If you want to bring your package and luggage out of the dormitory, you should inform the dormitory teacher in order to make arrangements.
- Students must keep quiet at 10:30 pm. and go to sleep.
Parents’ visiting rules:
- Parents should register in the dormitory teacher’s office and meet the students in the hall in order not to disturb students’ studying and relaxing.
- Visiting times are from 7:20 am – 22:30 pm
- Parents will not be allowed to visit during the students’ class time.
- Boys are not allowed to enter the girls’ dormitory and girls are not allowed to enter the boys’ dormitory.
- Parents and other students who are not our school students are not allowed sleep in the dormitory.
Times for opening and closing of doors:
6:30 am: door opened
21:30: door closed, attendance, next day preparation, and prepare for bedtime.
Time for lights on and lights off:
6:00 am: lights on
22:30 pm: lights off
Dormitory sanitary rules:
In order to keep the dormitory clean and tidy, the dormitory teacher will organize a head teacher, a leader of the dormitory and a student to inspect the dormitory.
- Time: every Friday, the dormitory teacher will check the cleanliness of the dormitory before students leave the dormitory around 5:30 pm.
- Result: the results will be announced on the wall outside the reception room in the hall.
- Keep dormitory clean: dormitory members should take turns to clean the dormitory room and keep a good environment to live in.
Dormitory inspection by Chinese homeroom teachers:
In order to assure students attendance, keep dormitory rules effective, help students with good habit, Chinese homeroom teachers will take turns to go over dormitories every night after night study from 9:30pm. to 10:00pm. to make sure everything goes well. The inspection results will be collected on every Friday for every week, LOCSS will give certificate to the excellent dormitory on the assembly of the following Monday with some kind of prize.
Please be respectful of the dormitory rules!